Monday 16 February 2015

Summer fair, Brighton

Some of you might have noticed I haven't painted much lately. I have been caught in wedding planning duties which is rather fun but it temporarily sent my painting blog to hibernation. However, despite the inactivity, I'm happily surprised to see I have quite a few new followers on blogger and Facebook. I'm now back at the easel so welcome all of you and I hope you'll enjoy my new posts.

I have been working in the studio lately because it has been a bit too cold to paint outside for my taste. When looking for studio work ideas, I have found a great website that gives images free of copyright for artists (www.photos4artists.co.uk). I prefer painting from life or from my own pictures but there is an element of fun about picking a picture from that website and see what you can do with it...

Below is my painting of a summer fair in Brighton. I loved the lights in the merry-go-round and the colourful highlights of people's clothes bathed in sunlight.


Summer fair, Brighton  18"x14"   oil on board


Below is the original photograph found on www.photos4artists.co.uk. I decided to crop it because I didn't want the merry-go-round to be in the middle of the composition.




Here are a couple of close-up details below. 

Detail





Detail

Lastly I just wanted to say that I will be doing a joined show in Bradford on Avon on the 2,3,4 May this year. I'll be posting more info soon but you can already save the date!


This painting is for sale. Click the button below to purchase it:



Summer fair, Brighton (oil on board) 18"x14"

No comments:

Post a Comment