Wednesday 24 June 2015

Colombine's birthday

A few months ago, I did a series of 3 paintings from my sister's instagram photographs of her lovely daughters (click here to view them). I gave them to my sister as a present but my mum confessed she was rather jealous of it... It was her birthday last week so I decided to paint a similar painting just for her that includes her three granddaughters from my sister's side. I gave it to my mum a few days ago and she loves it so I'm happy too!


Colombine's birthday  12"x12"  oil on board

This painting was done again from an instagram photograph by my sister. It was taken during her daughter Colombine's birthday party in South Africa. She is the happy girl in the chair (or should I say 'throne') and the lady on the right is a 'professional fairy' that they had for the day to entertain the kids. You can see her applying removable girly tattoos on Colombine's arm. Next to Colombine, you can see her sister Aliénor, and behind her, her little sister Aprilia is having a walk around in the garden.


Here are below the few stages of the painting process:












Here are below a few details of the finished painting. I had great fun painting all the little girl's fairy dresses and cute hairstyles.


Detail


Detail


Detail


Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment