Friday 30 March 2012

Reflections on the water, Cleeve Wood

Here is a painting I did a few weeks ago. It was made just after a Sunday walk alongside the river near Bath. There is a part of me that like this painting with the reflections on the water and shades of green receding in the distance, then there is a part of me that find this work rather gloomy and spooky... Can't make my mind up!


Reflections on the water, Cleeve Wood       10"x12"   oil on board 


detail


One of the reference photographs

An other nice scenery nearby

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant reflections Valerie, brilliant painting. Not spooky, but serene. Well done and all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Victor, very serene and peaceful. Beautiful abstract design too, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vic! Glad it's not spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy it too. The colour of the water is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete