Saturday 1 December 2012

Back from Venice!

I just got back from Venice - what a wonderful painting experience it was! I had only been there once when I was around 15 years old for holiday so it was my first time there as a painter. Although it was an informal 'unorganised' trip, we were actually around 14 plein air painters there staying in various accommodations and bumping into each other during the day. I did 18 paintings during my week there - it was quite a marathon! Here is below a quick glance at my work. I will now need to give a closer look at each painting and will post them gradually on the blog with action pictures in the following weeks. Watch this space!




Painting on Piazza San Marco © Luca Girardini - Photos - www.lucagirardini.com

Painting with Haidee Summers on Piazza San Marco

Painting the Grand Canal and Salute from the Accademia Bridge

4 comments:

  1. Lucky people, even luckier to have a trip at the same time as other artists. It looks like you had some challenging conditions and it'll be interesting to see how you all coped with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we are very lucky and I really made the most of every minute there. I work full time as a graphic designer so painting holidays don't come very often. I will post more paintings when I get the daylight again at the week end...

      Delete
  2. OH MY! THOSE ARE SPECTACULARE!!!!

    ReplyDelete