Monday 27 April 2015

Painting in Bradford-on-Avon

Only five days left before our show starts in Bradford-on-Avon at the Tithe Barn! My paintings are framed and packed and I'm looking forward to chatting to people about my art. During our last two shows at the same place, several local people told me they wished I painted more scenes of Bradford-on-Avon (I usually do mainly Bath). So I decided to give it a go this year. A couple of weeks ago I was there looking for inspiration to paint. I ended up nearby the Tithe Barn, set up on the bridge and produced a couple of plein air pieces.


By the river near the Tithe Barn, Bradford on Avon  12"x10"  oil on board


From the bridge I was standing on, I could see a lot of people enjoying the glorious weather in various ways (having a walk, picnic, playing ball, playing in the water, canoeing, etc...) so this painting is all about this feeling.





The view from the bridge


Detail of the finished painting


The painting towards the end


Detail of the finished painting



Below is my second painting. I wanted to capture the lovely warm greys in the distant hills and the various shades of green in the trees. I must admit I added the train at home from a photograph. I paint quickly, but I'm not that quick!

Painting from the bridge near the Tithe Barn, Bradford-on-Avon   16"x9"  oil on board


My painting after half an hour


Detail of the finished painting


Detail of the finished painting


These two -almost dry- paintings will be at the show alongside many others. 
Here is reminder of where and when:


"Three Wessex Sketchers - Capturing the light" 
at the West Barn, Barton Farm in Bradford on Avon BA15 1LF (UK) 
From Saturday 2 May to Monday 4 May (bank holiday)
10am to 5.30 pm - Free entry

Private view: Saturday evening from 6pm-10pm



I hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment