Thursday 30 March 2017

Painting my garden from the studio

Things have been a bit quiet on the painting front as the new baby arrival last year means I had less free time but also because we turned my studio in the house into a bedroom for my three years old daughter. But I'm now very happy to say I have a brand new studio in the garden! I have to share it with my husband and his drum kit but really, between us, it's mine ;-)  (let's see if he reads this blog!)

I got given a couple of hours of kids' free time on mother's day to paint. The view from the room overlooks the garden and the back of our house. So what better way to use the space than painting the garden from the comfort of the studio. Here is the result below, with my daughter Louisa who posed for me on her bike for a couple of fidgety minutes. 

Louisa in the garden  10"x8" oil on board  - Not for sale


Detail


Detail


You can see below my set up and the quick drawing I did at the start. The question is, how open the door needs to be to be able to qualify this as 'painting in plein air'!?




This painting is not for sale but you can view all my available paintings on my website here: www.valeriepirlot.com

Here are a few pictures of the studio for the curious ones... If you are in the area you are welcome to come for a visit!







Now, a few bits of info for those who don't receive my newsletter (to subscribe, simply enter your email address here www.valeriepirlot.com/mailinglist). If you do receive it already, then just ignore this bit!


EXHIBITIONS:

For people near Bath, I currently have my paintings displayed in two places:

I currently have a selection of paintings on show at the Galleries Shop & Cafe in Freshford (near Bath). Great cakes and great views over there. (Feshford Lane, BA2 7UR)

I also have some paintings on display at the Chapel Arts Centre cafe in Bath (just below the venue). They make lovely vegetarian food there. (Lower Borough Walls, Bath BA1 1QR)


MAGAZINES:

The first two features I wrote for the Paint & Draw magazine have been published and the latest issue is out now with my article about how to improve your brushstrokes. I hope you like it! Next one will be a Alla Prima step by step. Click here for more info.




TUTORIALS IN UK AND BELGIUM

I've had a few enquiries recently about tutorials so I just wanted to confirm that I do give one-on-one tutorials in plein air or in the studio. Mainly in Bath but Belgium is an option too as I'm travelling back regularly. I'm also considering organising a plein air group workshop in Bath this summer so if you're interested do drop me a line here and I'll keep you updated.


COMMISSIONS

I'm available for commissions and you can find more info on my website here: www.valeriepirlot.com/commissions. I will be in Belgium during Easter and late July so if you would like to organise a commission I will be available to meet while I'm in the country.


That's it for now. I hope you are enjoying the glorious spring sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment