Friday 7 July 2017

Painting in Bath

I'm lucky to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Bath never fails to inspire me. I recently went painting the Bath views from Alexandra Park, one of my favourite places in Bath. As usual, I tried to simplify the scenery and capture the essence of it. 


Bath views from Alexandra Park in the morning   12"x10"  oil on board
Available for sale here



Detail


The challenge was to cope with moving clouds constantly changing what is in the sunlight and what is in the shade. I had to make a decision and stick to it. 

I had a great time painting this and spoke to a few people passing by. There was a couple of lovely dutch ladies who were on holiday sightseeing, and said they wouldn't mind if they grabbed an english husband at the same time! I told them there is not better place to do it, I talk from experience! I fell in love with Bath 12 years ago when I came as a tourist, and conveniently met my husband at the same time which resulted in me staying in this beautiful city! Clever me!






in progress

Check out issue 12 of Paint & Draw magazine where I will be writing a full step by step feature about this painting. You can find the magazine in WH Smiths and some supermarkets in UK and you can subscribe here.

Issue 10 is out now and has a step by step of my painting 'The pond at Victoria Park'. 





For info an other painting I did of Alexandra Park is currently exhibited at the Victoria Art Gallery for the Bath Society of Artists show which is on until 15 July. Fantastic show, don't miss it if you're in Bath.

Finally, here is below a painting of the Royal Crescent I recently done. I sat under the big tree to shelter from the rain to come, and painted the Crescent through the foliage. It had been raining a lot the days before so the grass was of a flashy green colour.


The Royal Crescent through the foliage  10"x7"   oil on board
Available here


Detail

Here are a few steps of the progress:












This painting is currently exhibited at Number 1 Royal Crescent at the exhibition A View of the Crescent until November 19 (more info here) alongside my other painting of the Royal Crescent (which they have used for the poster, very happy about that!)







I have been out and about painting recently and I'll post them soon so watch this space. 
If you want to see all my available paintings go to this page:

And don't forget to subscribe to my mailing list for all the latest news:

No comments:

Post a Comment